Wednesday, May 14, 2008

A Letter from the Editor

Dear readers of the blog, and especially the people of the Catholic Students Society of IMU,

You know, usually I would prefer to remain anonymous when I post on the blog, but this time I think I need to let you guys know about the workings of the blog and such. You all might know this already but what the heck – publicity ma. Heh. Anyway, I’m Jon, and most of the job of updating and maintaining the blog is mine.

Why am I telling you this? Well, you may have noticed that the blog has seemed quite dead of lately and no one seems to be posting – except for Adeline, who valiantly put up the talk on the previous week’s schedule in the chatbox so that people would see. I could give you all many reasons why, but the truth is, I was slacking and no posts were put up as a result. So, instead of incriminating the whole committee, I thought I’d just write here and apologize for the inactivity.

These past few weeks, I and the rest of the committee have seen a…call it an upsurge la – of new faces and people who are willing to do the job for CSS, and this makes us really happy. There are people like Vanessa and Eugene (bearing in mind they have to sit for their GI and Hematology summatives tomorrow) and Joanne of M207, who really stepped up to respond to the call to lead the praise and worship, and many more. But I will not mention them here.

if not then kepala kembang then habis la

And even the people who persist in coming week after week, people who overcome differences in batches and battle absurd timing schedules to come here...it's really good to see you all.

Thank you guys. You are the people who will have to shoulder on the burden that the Church places on our shoulders in the future – and yours will be so much heavier, simply by virtue that you will be Catholics in a growing world of apathy and indifference.

God bless you all!

Jon.

P.S. – I don’t maintain this blog all by myself because I’m , like, selfish, you know. If any of you have the skillz, then please. Oh PLEASE. Tell me and I will giv- share the responsibility. Ahahaha.

No comments: